Experienced customs clearance supervisor / team leader to lead a team of customs operatives within a new customs clearance department. Ensuring the team work in harmony with their UK based collages and within the team itself, to ensure all parties are performing to the highest standards and hitting agreed KPI’s.
- Ensuring clearance processes are compliant and completed in a timely manner
- Responsible for managing the team on a day to day basis, ensuring that the individuals understand their workflows.
- Motivate the team with effective and open communication to ensure they hit their daily targets
- Develop a strong working knowledge and relationship with the UK operations
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and practices in order to ensure efficient and effective clearance process
- General – Comply with the Company Health & Safety policy and procedures and any other tasks deemed necessary by the management team
- Any other duties that the company may reasonably ask you to perform which are within your expertise and skill sets.
- Excellent communication verbal and written and a good command of English
- Flexible to hours of work (Friday evening and Saturdays)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of European customs declarations
- Willingness to learn and develop within the department
- Positive, “can do” attitude
- experience with Microsoft Office packages e.g. word, excel, PowerPoint
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise.
- Attention to detail
- Strong team ethic and ability to develop others
Send your cv